I am so excited for the Food Allergy & Celiac Convention that is being held at Walt Disney World's Coronado Springs Resort on Saturday, November 22nd. This event is for people with food allergies and celiac disease, and features a vendor expo, speakers, demonstrations & workshops, and allergen-free catered meal experiences.
General admission tickets to the Food Allergy & Celiac Convention are available for purchase online for just $10 for adults ($15 at the door), and $5 for kids ages 3 to 9. General admission ticket prices include entrance to the expo, speakers, workshops & culinary demonstrations.
Separate tickets for the following meals and special experiences can be purchased here:
- Brer's Breakfast Buffet - breakfast pastries, fruit carving station, Mickey waffles and pancakes with all the fixings, gluten-free oatmeal station, and the Three Caballeros' Fajita Station (all completely free of the top 8 allergens and gluten). I already bought my ticket for this buffet, which is 9:00-10:00am on the day of the convention. The menu looks amazing!
- Be Our (Dinner) Guest - after the expo, enjoy a magical meal, free of gluten and the top 8 allergens. 6:00 to 7:00pm on November 22nd.
- Supercalifragilistic Sundae Bar - features non-dairy ice creams and loads of allergy-free and gluten-free toppings. 3:00-4:00 on November 22nd.
- A Spoonful of (Allergy-Free!) Sugar (pre-event experience) - cookbook author Laurie Sadowski will discuss baking your way through the holidays, and how you can modify and adapt recipes. 3:00 to 5:00pm on Friday, November 21st.
- Sunday Funday at Splitsville (post-event experience) - bowl (shoes included), play billiards, then stay for a special lunch (optional). 10:00 to noon on Sunday, November 23rd.
The keynote speaker for the Food Allergy & Celiac Convention is Gary Jones, the Culinary Dietary Specialist for Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. Other speakers include Matt Maslowski (Disney chef - Contemporary Resort), Elizabeth Barbone (Gluten-Free Baking), Anne Roland Lee (Schar), Kate Hufnagel (The Diary of Ana Phylaxis), Joel Warady (Enjoy Life Foods), Amy Wicker (AllergySafeTravel), Dr. Kendra Baker (4A specialist), Caitlin Brady (chef), Amy Brown (WellAmy.com), and Sue Weber (The Artisan Tavolo). You can view the speaker & demo schedule here.
The Vendor Expo runs from 9:00am to 5:00pm. If you're not sure what a vendor expo is, check out my blog post about my experience at the Gluten-Free Living Conference. I got to sample so many amazing gluten free products! You can view the vendor list for the Food Allergy & Celiac Convention here.
If you are traveling to Disney World from out of town, Destinations in Florida has special group discounts for the Food Allergy & Celiac Convention at a variety of Walt Disney World Resorts.
I hope to see you at Walt Disney World on November 22nd for the Food Allergy & Celiac Convention!